1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who meet the entry requirements listed in item 4 below, and who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada. Contest is void in Quebec, Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Code Ninjas, LLC, its franchisees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Code Ninjas, LLC, as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on August 1st, 2019, at 12:00 am CDT and ending August 31st, 2019, at 11:59 pm CDT. All online entries must be received by August 31st, 2019, at 11:59 pm CDT.
4. How to Enter: You must follow these steps to enter the Campaign:
5. Prizes: The Winners of the Campaign (the “Winners”) will receive the following:
A Prize Pack with a retail value of approximately $500 containing:
A $1,000 (USD) donation to the school that their child attends. If the Winner prefers, a donation will be made to a charitable organization of the Winner’s choosing. Code Ninjas, LLC, reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject the Winner’s requested donation recipient for any reason, and may select an alternate donation recipient.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Code Ninjas, LLC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Code Ninjas, LLC’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Code Ninjas, LLC, to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Three (3) Winners will be selected by a panel of judges under the supervision of Code Ninjas, LLC, based the following criteria:
Winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Twitter within one (1) day following selection of Winner. Code Ninjas, LLC, shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by a Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CODE NINJAS, LLC’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Code Ninjas, LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Code Ninjas, LLC, and Code Ninjas, LLC’s franchisees, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Code Ninjas, LLC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Code Ninjas, LLC, from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Code Ninjas, LLC, may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: Code Ninjas, LLC, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign for any reason. In such case, Code Ninjas, LLC may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Code Ninjas, LLC. Code Ninjas, LLC, reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Code Ninjas, LLC, has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void entries for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Code Ninjas, LLC, reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Code Ninjas, LLC, and its franchisees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Code Ninjas, 11200 Broadway Street, Suite 2731, Pearland, TX, 77584, United States. Requests must be received no later than August 16, 2019.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Code Ninjas, 11200 Broadway Street, Suite 2731, Pearland, TX, 77584, United States.
14. Instagram and Twitter: The Campaign hosted by Code Ninjas, LLC, is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
15. By participating in the Campaign, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.